R-APDRP PART-A in BESCOM
Progress as on Oct 2014
The Govt. of India has proposed to continue R-APDRP during the XI Plan with revised terms and conditions as a Central Sector Scheme.
The focus of the programme shall be on:
1. Actual, demonstrable performance in terms of sustained loss reduction.
2. Establishment of reliable and automated systems for sustained collection of accurate base line data
3. Adoption of Information Technology in the areas of energy accounting will be essential before taking up the regular distribution strengthening projects.
It is proposed to cover urban areas – towns and cities with population of more than 30,000 as per the 2001 Census.
Projects under the scheme shall be taken up in Two Parts.
Part-A shall include the projects for establishment of baseline data and IT applications for energy accounting/auditing & IT based consumer service centres.
Part-B shall include distribution strengthening projects.
PART-A projects required to be completed within a period of 5 years from the date of sanction. The project completion date is Sep 2014.Sought extension from PFC.
Milestones achieved under R-APDRP PART-A in Karnataka
• IT Consultant: M/s Reliance Infrastructure Limited.
• IT Implementation Agency: M/s Infosys Technologies Limited
• Co-Hosting of Data Centre: M/s Sify Technologies
• Co-Hosting of Disaster Recovery Centre: M/s BhartiAirtel Ltd
• Customer Call Centre : At each ESCOMs.
Key Highlights in BESCOM 25 towns as on Oct 2014:
• MBC &NC Go-live: 25 towns.
• Full stack go-live with Energy Audit:16 towns.
• Office infra set : 25 towns
• Primary NSP Link set up : 25 towns
• Secondary NSP link set up : 24 towns
General Manager (ICT&MIS)