ABOUT RAPDRP Part A
- Restructured Accelerated Power Development and Reforms Programme (R-APDRP) is a flagship distribution strengthening programme of Ministry of power, Govt of India launched in July 2008 by MoP during XI Five Year Plan (2007-12)
- Aims at reducing the Aggregate Technical and Commercial (AT&C) losses of selected towns to less than 15% over a period of 5 years
- A project under the scheme is taken up in Two Parts.
- Part-A shall include the projects for establishment of baseline data and IT applications for energy accounting/auditing & IT based consumer service centres.
- Part-B shall include distribution strengthening projects.
- BESCOM is the nodal agency for implementation of the Part-A IT project on behalf of all ESCOMs in Karnataka
- The Project area comprises of Towns having population more than 30,000 as per 2001 Census.ESCOM wise towns under RAPDRP project is as under
Overview of the project in Karnataka:
- Single solution for all ESCOMs
- Each ESCOM project to be treated individually by ITIA –Overall guidance & support from the office of the Chairman (ESCOMs)
- DGPS based GIS survey of 57,000 KMs & 72+ lakhs consumers
- AMR Implementation for DTs and HT customers – 65,000+ modems
- Establishment of LAN, MPLS, VPN across 700+ offices in 98 towns
- 1 Customer Call center per ESCOM with toll free number
- Training of approx. 5000+ utility personnel
- IT Implementation Agency – M/s. Infosys Technologies Ltd were appointed as IT Implementation Agency for all the ESCOMs of Karnataka during Dec.2009 at a total cost of Rs. 235 Crores with scope and quantities as per the RFP.
- IT Consultant -M/s. Ernst & Young LLP are appointed as IT Consultant for a contract period of 2 years from Apr 2015 till Apr 2017 and extendable max up to 4 years. Total cost of Rs. 3.92 Crores to be shared between ESCOM’s.Earlier M/s. RIL (Reliance Infrastructure Ltd) were appointed as a common IT Consultant on 29th June 2009 at a total cost of Rs. 2.5 Crores for a contract period of 4 years.
- TPIEA-IT – M/s. PGCIL have been appointed as the Third Party Independent Evaluation agency (TPIEA-IT) for all ESCOMs in Karnataka by PFC for verification and certification of completion of project implementation.
- Data Centre– BESCOM has Co-hosted the Data Centre at Bangalore -M/s SIFY Technologies on 23.10.2010 at a total cost of Rs 4.13 Crores to be shared between ESCOMs.
- Disaster Recovery Centre – BESCOM has Co-hosted the Disaster Recovery Centre at Chennai – M/s Bharati Airtel on 04.06.2011 at a total cost of Rs 3.09 Crores to be shared between ESCOMs.
- Primary NBSP – BESCOM on behalf of all ESCOMs was invited tender for engaging Primary NBSP which is finalized and DWA issued to M/s Reliance Communications Ltd by BESCOM on 5.12.2016 for contract period of 5 years.
- Secondary NBSP– M/s Bharti Airtel has boarded as Secondary NBSP in all ESCOMs. DWA issued to M/s Bharti Airtel on 03.12.2015for contract period of 5 years. Earlier to this M/s Hughes were the secondary NBSP and were terminated due to performance issues.
Pilot town in Karnataka
Location of Customer Care Centre
- GoI will provide 100% Loan for Part A of the R-APDRP schemes which will be will routed through PFC.
- Based on the DPR submitted by BESCOM an amount of Rs.261.37 Crores was sanctioned by PFC in the year 2009. Later, a revision of DPR was submitted and accordingly PFC has revised the sanction amount to Rs. 252.00 Crores in July 2014.
- BESCOM has further requested PFC for an amount of Rs. 8.61 Crores in addition to the sanctioned amount.
- The entire loan shall be converted into grant once the establishment of the required system is achieved and verified by an independent agency i.e., TPIEA-IT.
- Financial progress as on 31.03.2017 is as below:
to Grant )
Current status of the project:
- RAPDRP-Part-A project has been implemented in all the 98 towns across all ESCOMs in Karnataka and are declared Enterprise “Go-Live” as on 23.03.2016 to PFC.
- HT/DTC metering of all 98 towns completed. Modem Installation at all the HT/DTC completed.
- System is in place for generation of Energy Audit reports at Town level, Feeder level and DT level. Updating incremental data of assets and consumers in GIS on continuous basis, meters/ modem communications levels are monitored regularly for achieving acceptable AT&C loss levels.
- PFC has approved extension of timeline for the completion of Part-A (IT) projects for all ESCOMs in Karnataka up to 31.03.2017 and Loan closing date for conversion to grant up to 30.09.2017.
- M/s PGCIL the designated TPIEA-IT has started the process of verification of DC, DRC and CCC and would take up town verification subsequently.
- 6. Further extension of timeline for the completion is being sought till 30.09.2017 since the verification of completeness of the project by TPIEA-IT is under progress and scheduled to be completed within Sept’2017.
IT enablement under IPDS
Govt. of India has launched Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS) for the urban areas with the following Objectives:
- Strengthening of Sub-transmission and Distribution network
- Metering of feeders / distribution transformers / consumers
- IT enablement of distribution sector and strengthening of distribution network
- Subsuming R-APDRP in IPDS and carrying forward the approved outlay for RAPDRP to IPDS.
- ESCOM wise towns under IPDS project is as under