- Restructured Accelerated Power Development and Reforms Programme (R-APDRP) is a flagship distribution strengthening programme of Ministry of power, Govt of India launched in July 2008 by MoP during XI Five Year Plan (2007-12)
- Aims at reducing the Aggregate Technical and Commercial (AT&C) losses of selected towns to less than 15% over a period of 5 years
- A project under the scheme is taken up in Two Parts.
- Part-A shall include the projects for establishment of baseline data and IT applications for energy accounting/auditing & IT based consumer service centres.
- Part-B shall include distribution strengthening projects.
- BESCOM is the nodal agency for implementation of the Part-A IT project on behalf of all ESCOMs in Karnataka
- The Project area comprises of Towns having population more than 30,000 as per 2001 Census.ESCOM wise towns under RAPDRP project is as under
Overview of the project in Karnataka:
- Single solution for all ESCOMs
- Each ESCOM project to be treated individually by ITIA –Overall guidance & support from the office of the Chairman (ESCOMs)
- DGPS based GIS survey of 57,000 KMs & 72+ lakhs consumers
- AMR Implementation for DTs and HT customers – 65,000+ modems
- Establishment of LAN, MPLS, VPN across 700+ offices in 98 towns
- 1 Customer Call center per ESCOM with toll free number
- Training of approx. 5000+ utility personnel
- IT Implementation Agency – M/s. Infosys Technologies Ltd were appointed as IT Implementation Agency for all the ESCOMs of Karnataka.
- IT Consultant -common for all ESCOMs
- M/s. Reliance Infrastructure Ltd from 2009 to 2014
- M/s. Ernst & Young LLP from 2015 till 2017
- TPIEA-IT – M/s. PGCIL have been appointed as the Third Party Independent Evaluation agency (TPIEA-IT) for all ESCOMs in Karnataka by PFC for verification and certification of completion of project implementation.
- Data Centre– Co-hosted at Bangalore
- Disaster Recovery Centre – Co-hosted at Chennai
- Primary NBSP -M/s Reliance Communications Ltd
- Secondary NBSP– M/s Bharti Airtel Ltd
Pilot town in Karnataka
Location of Customer Care Centre
Modules of RAPDRP Part A:
- Meter Data Acquisition (MDA)
- Energy Audit (EA)
- New Connection (NC)
- Disconnection & Dismantling (DD)
- Development of Commercial Database of Consumers (Comm DB)
- Metering (MBC)
- Billing (MBC)
- Collections (MBC)
- Centralized Customer Care Services (CCC)
- Web Self Service (WSS)
- Asset Management (WAMS)
- Asset Maintenance (WAMS)
- GIS based customer Indexing and asset mapping (GIS)
- GIS based integrated network analysis module (NA)
- Management Information System(MIS)
- System Security Requirement (SSR)
- Identity and Access Management system (IDAM)
There are 17 modules which are listed below which are to be implemented in the programme:
- GoI will provide 100% Loan for Part A of the R-APDRP schemes which will be will routed through PFC.
- Based on the Final As-built DPR submitted by BESCOM an amount of Rs.243.31 Crores was sanctioned by PFC/MoP in 2018.
- In the 12th Monitory Committee meeting under MoP dated 18.06.2018, MoP/PFC approved conversion of entire loan amount of BESCOM into grant.
- Financial progress as on 31.09.2018 is as below:
to Grant )
Current status of the project:
- RAPDRP-Part-A project has been implemented in all the 98 towns across all ESCOMs in Karnataka and are declared Enterprise “Go-Live” as on 23.03.2016 to PFC.
- Facility Management Service (FMS) is in place for 5 years from 01.04.2016 to 31.03.2021.
- System is in place for generation of Energy Audit reports at Town level, Feeder level and DT level. Updating incremental data of assets and consumers in GIS on continuous basis, meters/ modem communications levels are monitored regularly for achieving acceptable AT&C loss levels.
- PFC has approved extension of timeline for the completion of Part-A (IT) projects for all ESCOMs in Karnataka up to 31.12.2017 and Loan closing date for conversion to grant up to 31.03.2018..
- Verification of completion of implementation of the project is completed by M/s PGCIL, the designated TPIEA-IT and the final verification reports are submitted to PFC.
- Final claims submitted to PFC/MoP for financial closure.
- Project Closure in Karnataka and Final DPR sanction approved by 12th Monitory Committee meeting under MoP dated 18.06.2018 with loan amount of BESCOM conversion into grant.
- Project completion and final As-built DPR approved by PFC on 06.07.2018.
IT enablement under IPDS
- Govt. of India has launched Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS) for the urban areas with the following Objectives:
- Strengthening of Sub-transmission and Distribution network
- Metering of feeders / distribution transformers / consumers
- IT enablement of distribution sector and strengthening of distribution network
- Subsuming R-APDRP in IPDS and carrying forward the approved outlay for RAPDRP to IPDS.
- ESCOM wise towns under IPDS project is as under
|ESCOM||No of Towns||DPR Cost(Rs. Cr)||Sanctioned Cost(Rs. Cr)||Difference(Rs. Cr)||PMA Sanctioned Cost(Rs. Cr)|
The present IT system under RAPDRP has adequate provision in the design of Datacenter (DC) /Disaster recovery center (DR) for meeting the ultimate requirement of entire state power utilities. To extend the coverage to additional towns, only incremental expenditure shall be required in DC / DR and benefit of the IT-based system for energy accounting and auditing can be derived in such towns also. The scope also covers preparation of Feeder and Town wise consumer database/bill book and linking with existing GIS Application, so that Feeder wise AT&C loss and Town wise AT&C loss can be calculated.
- Proper Energy Accounting and Auditing
- Accurate measurement of AT&C losses
- Improvement in Consumer satisfaction
- Automatic Data Logging for all Distribution Transformers & Feeders
- Asset Mapping of the entire distribution network at & below the 11kV Voltage levels
- Adoption of IT applications for meter reading, billing & collection
The DPR for IT enablement in 124 towns of all five ESCOM’s under IPDS was submitted to IPDS Monitoring Committee through M/s PFC on obtaining the SLDRC approval dated 21.02.2017 for an amount of Rs. 103.08 Crores (including DC/DR incremental cost of all ESCOMs). The Sanctioned cost of all ESCOM’s put together is Rs. 61.98 Crores as against the total estimated project cost of Rs.103.08 crores. BESCOM and other ESCOMs have decided to go for implementation of IPDS IT enablement project without PMA and BESCOM to initiate process for appointment of ITIA common to all ESCOMs. The Notice Inviting Tender (NIT) for ITIA appointment is published on 12.03.2018 and will be awarded by 31.05.2018