Niranthara Jyothi Project is a prestigious scheme of Government of Karnataka intends to provide 24 hrs 3 phase power supply to non-agricultural loads like domestic, commercial, water supply, street light, rural industries, milk dairies etc., in rural areas by segregating the agricultural loads, which is a boon to the rural economy.
Stages of implementation
NJY is carried out in BESCOM in two phases
* Project cost :Rs 349.66 cr
* Physical Progress :271 feeders completed & 271 feeders commissioned.
*Completed date: March-2014
* Project cost:Rs 589.99 cr
* Physical Progress :277 feeders completed & 272 feeders Commissioned.
* Expected date of completion : Jan-16