Tips to save energy
- Turn off the lights when not in use
- Take advantage of daylight by using light-coloured, loose-weave curtains on your
windows to allow daylight to penetrate the room. Also, decorate with lighter colours that
- De-dust lighting fixtures to maintain illumination.
- Use task lighting; instead of brightly lighting an entire room, focus the light where you
- Use electronic ballast chokes in place of conventional copper chokes
- Use LED Lamps instead of conventional incandescent bulbs. A 16w LED bulb can be as
bright as 150w halogen lamp. LED lamp consumes 1/3rd of CFL energy and 1/30th energy
of incandescent bulbs. The lifespan of incandescent lamps is around 1000 hours while the
lifespan of CFL is 8,000 hours and lifespan of LED lamps is around 25,000 hours. LED
Lamps are Mercury free and their lifetime cycle is unaffected by switching ON and OFF
- Replace conventional regulators with electronic regulators for ceiling fans.
- Install exhaust fans at a higher elevation than ceiling fans.
- For exhaust fans in diary/poultry industry usage of multi fan axial fans leads to low
energy consumption with low noise levels.
- Use BEE star rated energy efficient fans.
Kitchen Appliances:Use always BEE star rated efficient electrical appliances.
- Select iron boxes with automatic temperature cutoff.
- Use appropriate regulator position for ironing
- Do not put more water on clothes while ironing
- Do not iron wet clothes
- Use BEE star rated energy efficient iron box
- Avoid dry grinding in your food processors (mixers and grinders) as it takes longer time
than liquid grinding.
- Avoid baking large sized food items
- Unless you are baking breads or pastries you may not need to preheat
- Consumes 50% less energy than conventional electric coil/ hot plate.
- Takes less time to boil water than conventional electric stoves.
- Turn off electric stoves several minutes before the specified cooking time.
- Use flat-bottomed pans that make full contact with the cooking coil.
- Do not open the door of the refrigerator frequently.
- Make sure your refrigerator or door seals are airtight.
- Don’t keep your refrigerator or freezer too cold.
- Avoid putting hot or warm food straight into the fridge.
- Retire old/inefficient refrigerators and buy new energy efficient star rated energy efficient
- Don’t leave the refrigerator door open for longer than necessary as cold air will escape.
- Leave enough space between your refrigerator and the walls so that air can easily
circulate around the refrigerator
- Use BEE star rated energy efficient refrigerators
- Avoid washing with half loads
- Use optimum quantity of water
- Use timer facility to save energy.
- Prefer natural drying over electric dryers.
- Dry full loads or reduce drying time for partial loads
- Use BEE star rated energy efficient washing machines.
- Do not switch on the power when TV and Audio Systems are not in use i.e., idle
operation leads to an energy loss of 10 watts/device.
- Turn off your home office equipment when not in use. A computer that runs 24 hours a
day, for instance, uses – more power than an energy-efficient refrigerator
- Optimize brightness of monitors as bright light consumes more power. Studies have
proved that minimum brightness consumes 11 Watts while maximum brightness in
monitors consumes as much as 25 Watts.
- Prefer air conditioners having automatic temperature cut off
- Keep regulators at “low cool” position or in energy efficient mode
- Make sure that the joints at windows and doors are properly sealed and insulate the room
against loss of temperature.
- Use BEE star rated energy efficient air conditioners.
Vintage hublot replica watches are back this Friday, with some pretty amazing pieces, including one of the rarest Breitling chronographs you can find. The first execution of the the 765 AVI comes with a unique aperture at three o'clock that shows the elapsed minutes, rather than displaying the date, as you'd ordinarily expect. Speaking of chronographs, we have also included a really nice Universal Geneve Compax, and an Excelsior Park Monte Carlo, both listed on Ebay right now. You'll also find a double-signed pocket watch and a military Hublot Replica Watches 2777-1 in our selection. This is your Bring A Loupe for March 31, 2017.