ABOUT R-APDRP (Part B)
- Actual, demonstrable performance in terms of sustained loss reduction.
- Aims at reducing the overall Aggregate Technical and Commercial (AT&C) losses of distribution companies.
- Establishment of reliable and automated systems for sustained collection of accurate base line data.
- The adoption of information Technology in the areas of energy accounting before taking up the regular distribution strengthening projects.
To reduce annually overall AT&C losses of ESCOMs:-
- By 3% if the existing AT&C Losses are more than 30%.
- By 1.5% if the existing AT&C Losses are less than 30%.
Sources of funding:
- Up to 50% loan for Part-B projects shall be converted into grant in five equal trenches on achieving 15% AT&C loss in the project area duly verified by Third Party Independent Evaluation Agency- Energy Accounting (TPIEA-EA) on a sustainable basis for a period of five years. If the utility fails to achieve 15% AT&C loss target in a particular year, that year’s trench of conversion to grant will be reduced in proportion to the short fall in achieving 15% AT&C loss.
- The sanctioned DPR works shall be executed on Turnkey basis for better quality and timely completion of project
Salient features of R-APDRP
- Bring about commercial viability
- Reduce outages & interruptions
- Increase consumer satisfaction
Scope of works
- 66 or 33 KV Line : New Feeder/ Feeder Bifurcation/Augmentation
- 66/11 or 33/11 KV SS : New/Augmentation
- 11 kV Line : New Feeder/ Feeder Bifurcation
- Distribution Transformer: Capacity Augmentation/ New Transformer
- LT Line : New Feeder/ Feeder Bifurcation
- Aerial Bunched Cables
- Consumer Metering <
- Mobile Sub-Station and others
Pre requisite for Part-B :
- The towns/project area should have been included in Part-A of the R-APDRP.
- The towns/project area should have more than 15% of AT&C losses.
Major Guidelines for Part-B issued by MOP:
- The utilities will be required to achieve AT&C loss reduction at the entire utility level every year starting one year after the year in which first project of the Part-A is completed.
- Utilities having AT&C loss above 30%: Reduction by 3% per year
- Utilities having AT&C loss below 30%: Reduction by 1.5 % per year
- The Part-B project shall be completed within three years from the date of its sanction.
- The AT&C loss of the project area duly certified by TPIEA before start of Part-B works, will be treated as Base Line AT&C loss of the project area for all purposes.
- Utility has to ensure Ring Fencing of the project area
- Utility has to establish the Baseline AT&C losses before implementation of Part-B
- Return on investment for the project shall not be less than 10%.
- Project shall be executed on total turnkey basis.
- Running new 11kV line / link line for bifurcation of feeders
- Providing 11kV Aerial Bunched cable
- Reconductoring of 11kV feeder / line with Coyote conductor
- Reconductoring of 11kV feeder / line with Rabbit conductor
- Enhancement of 25KVA by 63KVA Distribution Transformers
- Enhancement of 63KVA by 100KVA Distribution Transformers
- Enhancement of 100KVA by 250KVA Distribution Transformers
- Replacement of Electromechanical meters by static meters
- Providing Autoreclosures
- Providing Sectionalisers
- Erection of new Distribution transformer center
- Running new LT line / additional circuit
- Reconductoring of LT line
- Providing LT Ariel Bunched cable
- Providing trolley mounted Compact substation with 11kV, 50Hz 500kva distribution transformer
- Conversion of Single phase 2 wire to 3 Ph. 5 wire of LT line
- Conversion of Single phase 3 wire to 3 Ph. 5 wire of LT line
- Conversion of Single phase 4 wire to 3 Ph. 5 wire of LT line
- Repair & Maintenance works