Consumer | BESCOM

BESCOM : Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited

SMS: 58888
Helpline: 1912


1. What is the procedure for change of Name?

Register your consumer number, name, address & telephone number with formal request letter to Soujanya counters established in all the jurisdictional area sub-divisions along with the following Documents.
Formal letter of request for change of name.
Copy of the previous sale agreement.
NOC from the Builder/Owner/Society
Sale deed & tax paid receipts
Copy of last paid power supply bill
Indemnity Bond

On receipt of all correct documents & payment of name transfer fee, shall be submitted to respective area sub-divisional Soujanya counters. The name change will be effected before next billing cycle.

2. What is the procedure for Extension/Reduction of Load?

Register your consumer number, name, address & telephone number with a formal letter of request giving details of existing connected load & request for extension/
reduction of required load. This has to be registered in the jurisdictional area subdivision office. Based on the requirement the amount of fees to be paid for extension /reduction of load will be intimated by area subdivision. The amount has to be paid in the form of crossed check /DD in favour of BESCOM. On receipt of all corrected documents & formalities are fulfilled as per BESCOM norms, load extension/reduction will be effected from the next meter billing cycle.
All applications for load extension/reduction for LT category shall be registered in their respective area subdivision & for HT category, applications has to be registered for load extension/reduction in their respective jurisdictional area divisions. Power supply agreement has to be revised & signed wherever applicable.

3. What is the procedure for electricity duty exemption?

Register your consumer number, name , address & telephone number with the jurisdictional area subdivisions with the following documents.
a) Formal letter requesting for electricity duty/tax exemption in the bills.
b) Copy of registration form/approval from one of the competent authorities.
c) Certificate/Letter stating date of commencement of operations for the location where exemption is requested.
d) Sale deed/Partnership deed/Land documents.
e) Indemnity Bond
After receipt of all the corrected documents electrity duty/ tax exemption will be granted from the next meter billing cycle.
The following category industries are eligible for claiming electricity Duty/tax on their bills
Information technology & bio technology units
A 100% export oriented units
Export processing zone
Industries set up in SEZ
IT parks & Electronic hardware technology